So You Want to be a Playwright?
How to write a play and get it produced - a manual for playwrights.
Playwright and former literary manager Tim Fountain guides the budding playwright over the many hurdles involved in getting a play on - from finding a story that only you know, through the detailed construction of the play, and on to the strategies you can use to get it on stage.
• What kind of play do you want to write?
• Where do you get your ideas from?
• How much exposition do you need?
• Where do you find your characters' voices?
• What should you do when you get stuck?
• Where should you send your play?
The book also deals with the actual production: choosing directors, designers and actors, and coping with rehearsals, previews and press nights.
Includes appendixes of vital websites, and contact details for new-writing theatres, agents and publishers.
"Excellent... very practically geared to those writing for the stage today."- British Theatre Guide
"A terrific book. Informative and easy to read."- ReviewsGate.com